Monday, March 03, 2008

This is the day

This is the day
That the Lord has made
That the Lord has made
Let us rejoice
Let us rejoice
and be glad in it
and be glad in it.

I have that little ditty stuck in my head. From out of nowhere comes this 2nd grade Sunday school earworm to invade my brain. It could be worse.

This is the day my son goes to see a psychologist. How on earth did people make it through childhood without therapy? How on earth did parents make it through parenthood without therapy?

It makes me really nervous. Let's face it. You never know what these kids will say.

I did find out that the neuropsychiatrist who does the assessments for things like syndromes and mood disorders and etc is an in network provider, so the insurance navigation should go better there, one hopes.

I'm in the hole to this psychologist 600$ after today. For that kind of money you could probably get a new kid and start all over again (messing him up from scratch.)


Psychologist visit- $175
full neuro-psychiatric evaluation- $180
the possibility of life without a screaming, frustrated, inflexible, tantruming 10 yo- priceless

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Thanks - now it's in my head, too.

Sounds like you have been down a tough road with your 10-year-old - here's hoping you can figure something out. I swear, God just gives us these kids to test us.

We brought our then-4-year-old to a child psychologist once - when she was going through her toilet-stuffing, stuffed-animal-decapitating, wire-cutting phase (it's under Popular Posts on my blog). It didn't do any good whatsoever, unfortunately; but at least it only cost us 20 bucks.

Do you talk about your 10-year-old somewhere else on your blog? I feel like I've come in in the middle of the conversation, as it were...

Sarah said...

I dont talk about him elsewhere, except IRL. You have come in on the beginning of the public online conversation. LOL I'll try to post more background here.