Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sick Day

One of the problems which confounds me is what to do when I have a cold. Im not up for arguing today, and so...school will get done in a half assed lazy way which I don't care for.

My son isnt feeling well either. In view of the fact that he has a 2 hour football practice in 93 degree heat later I can't get really excited about drilling grammar with him when he is crying about a headache already.

But part of me knows that if we were regular schoolers he'd have to go off and do a full day in spite of his sinus pain and football practice. Maybe I'm babying him too much. Maybe Im babying ME too much.

In any case, we leave for practice in an hour and whatever didnt get done today will be there tomorrow.

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

I'm not so sure "regular schoolers" keep trudging on. In fact, I was far more dedicated to doing school than my classmates in high school... and that's because I knew I should be there to learn, not just show up when I had to in order to "do my time."

All that to say: Give yourself a break. It's perfectly okay to do so, and the public schoolers take sick days (and should, so has to not spread more germs).

~Luke