Monday, September 15, 2008

Im not entirely stupid

but there are a few things I just can not understand. Things like how the picture gets in my TV. And what makes the radio play. And how the telephone works. Especially cell phones because Im pretty clear on the old fashioned kind being a little like the homemade telephone with the string and the cup.

I hate to fly. And yesterday as we were literally hurdling through space and bumping down from a million feet in the air i realised that not only do I not know how planes fly, I actually do not entirely believe they can and do. I was dead sure we were going to crash at the end. There were high winds in IN and we took off late. Coming down we endured a few nasty shifts where the plane dropped and my stomach stayed up and then FLOPPED down at the last minute. If motion sickness is a personal failing, I have failed it all now.

At any rate, the children seem to have survived the weekend and my Dad seemed really pretty cheerful about the whole experience.

A few things I learned this weekend:
I hate bars
I really hate smoky bars
I really REALLY hate loud smoky bars.
The sneaking suspicion that Im OLD was confirmed. Give me a couch and a beer over a bar anyday!

The wedding was nice. The weather co-operated to a large degree, if not fully.

We got to the car in the airport parking lot and had the flattest tire I have ever seen in my life.

That's the way we roll. always about a step behind.

No comments: