Thursday, July 31, 2008

Evil

A fellow sybermom recently wrote about an exercise video she was thinking of purchasing. It was only 10 dollars for the dvd, which has 3 workouts. I have Amazon Prime so 2 day shipping was free.

Its a 20 minute workout with no built in rest. It has circuits of cardio, abs and strength training. 3-2-1. The abs are 1 and the cardio is 3.

You wouldn't think it would be too bad. Its only 20 minutes.

Only 20 minutes of exercise, that is. I find the recovery time is about 2 hours. Its a little embarrassing to admit, but a solid hour later I can barely walk down the stairs. Up is fine. Down not so much.

In case any of you would also like to suffer with me, this masterpiece of sadism is called Jillian Something's 30 day Shred. She is the chick from the Biggest Loser show.

I'd stop doing it immediately except I want to see if she is lying to me (which I strongly suspect) when she says after 5 or 6 days I will have increased my endurance.

No comments: