Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Scratch the Bishop on Sunday!

Talk about irreverant! You can't go scratching your bishop.

I wish I had the sybermom or yahoo smilies at my disposal here. I know they are stupid and annoying yet I feel they express what I want to say better than I do with words occassionally.

Althought neither sybermoms nor yahoo has a silly cow smilie.

We ran into the sunday school RCIA for children lady at Mass today (Ash Wednesday) and she told me that the Rite of Whatever is not til 3 actually. BUT she said we dont get kicked out of the program if we miss it. (clapping smilie)

Sunday is an important day. Its the Blue and Gold Banquet. This year we will see some of his friends Cross Over (to boy scouts). (beaming face smilie)

When I asked my child what was the BEST THING about our move back to Indiana he said "I will get to Cross Over with my friends next year."

Technically I think we ought to put the Bishop and his Rites first but frankly my kid is 10 and while the cool hat impresses him, his friends matter more. And I guess I am ok with that. If it makes me a slacker catholic, too bad. ( tongue sticking out smilie)

Speaking of slacking, I ate lunch today. I am a horrible person if I do not eat. But since today is all about repentance I went ahead and had a tuna sub at Subway. (puke smilie here!!) Oh I am penitant indeed, Lord. Even the kids knew it was a bad choice. They wouldn't even sit with me while I ate. (sad smilie)

No comments: