Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Do Not Want

Pinewood derby cars.


I hate the Pinewood derby. My kids' dad isnt any sort of engineering whiz and he doesnt own a drill press. So needless to say the kids do not do too well in the Derby. Now, if it were a competition to see who could disect diseased rat brains or grow spectacular mousie tumours we'd have a real leg up.

Its a loooong day and while I enjoy seeing all the mom of our den, I could actually do without most of the other people involved.

At the Blue and Gold Banquet there was an incident where I was put in my place over an (already opened!) bag of chips which I allowed several (truly starving!) kids to sample before the start of the festivities.

I know, can you imagine my audacity? Allowing kids who had been at the venue for 2 hrs setting up (actually helping!) and who had not eaten much since breakfast (due to said helping!) access to a few chips from the OPENED BAG of chips you provided?

Clearly you or your piggy family allowed yourselves access to the chips, lady. Why shouldnt the kid who were actually working (moving tables and chairs!) all day get a few crumbs?

Lady comes over, "I JUST shut that bag."

I politely said to the lady, "These kids are really hungry."

"Well, we dont want to run out. They can wait like everyone else."

We cleaned up after the banquet too. Without the chip lady's help, I might add.

We took a big box of fried chicken and about 8 opened but still fairly full bags of chips to a local shelter which accepts food.

Shazam. Take that chip lady. Like we'd ever have run out of chips.

And I'd like to know who brings OPENED chips to a pitch-in? So gauche.

*In this post I use the term lady loosely. This creature was clearly no lady. Probably she was a broad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh yes. cub car derby. jonah's den is just in the midst of finishing up their cub cars. our races are not as eventful as yours sound however - just races at the mall. no dinner and no stingy chip ladies!

Sarah said...

the banquet is a separate event but the same people are involved.

Im glad to see you. :love

Jen said...

What a dirty whore!