Friday, February 01, 2008

Animal House

If I struggle with any particular horrible personality trait its probably arrogance. I can tell because I dont think I suffer from a lot of personality problems which I probably also have. Isnt that arrogant of me?

Somewhere in blogland I read that children are made available to us as a way to drum out our own sins and if my sin is arrogance then my children are doing God's work exceptionally well. I am humbled by their ability to make me look bad and feel incompetant!

I don't know what is up with my oldest child. I have had suggestions made to me along the lines of "not enough early beatings" and the more modern take on things- "ADD, ADHD, ODD, Sensory Integration Disorder" (that laundry list came from one person, his public school kindergarten teacher. i thought she was INSANE. Now of course I think maybe she should have not only diagnosed him but probably parented him) and just about anything else you can imagine. I have bumbled along assuming I could handle whatever it was and we'd work it out in the end. Homeschooling alleviated some issues but with life in a constant state of upheaval in the past few years, stress levels are high and issues are plentiful.

I am tired of my family telling me its my fault he behaves like this. And equally tired of the husband's family saying "He is just like his father. That is just how it is."

Irritable, depressed, anxious and aggressive is no way to go through life, son. Fat, drunk, and stupid- but HAPPY would be preferable.

No comments: