Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Meme

I dont even know how to say that. meee meee? may may? mem? In our house the word Meme means "grandma" and it refers specifically to my mother in law. We say "meh-may." Its apparently a french canadian thing. You wouldn't understand. Neither do I.

1. Link to the person who tagged you. My good frond Fern at http://candleatbothends.blogspot.com/ tagged me. That joke amuses no one but me and I am ok with that because after 5 years it still makes me giggle.

2. Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours. Do I really want people to read this cack?

3. Post the rules on your blog. Easy enough. I did have to do a hard return after the c&p. I just learned what hard return means.

4. Share the seven (7) most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself. Gonna have to go weird. I did once see the Canadian PM at close range and my kids have swam with Willard Scott (some swim with dolphins, we swim with celebrities) but other than that I don't have any exciting affiliations.


So. Weird stuff.

A. When I was 5 or 6 I decided onion skin would make me very strong and give me super human gymnastic abilities. I consumed whatever pieces I could get my hands on when mom wasn't looking. I performed my feats of grace and strength at the top of the stairs, clutching the two railings and swinging out into open space. We had a slate floor at the bottom of the stairs. Clearly the onion skin didn't do much for brain power.

B. I took the SAT every year from 7th grade to 12th grade. My parents thought it would be interesting to track my scores. They stopped going up significantly in 10th grade. I'm not sure what that says about high school.

C. In 10 (almost 11) years of marriage we have lived in 10 different homes in 5 different cities in 3 different states. I am not sure that sort of moving around is weird anymore But as a child I lived in only 2 different cities in 5 houses- 4 of which were after I turned 12.

D. I have never broken a bone.

E. My current snack food obsession is olives and cream cheese. I started liking olives a few years ago. Before that I hated them. As a small girl i told my mom I'd like them when I grew up. So I know now that I must finally be grown up. Only I am pretty sure grown ups don't smoosh up a bowl of cream cheese and olives and eat it right off the back of the smooshing up implement.

F. I talk to myself incessantly and I always have. Babies are great because they help disguise this trait. Children are significantly less useful because they answer and distract me from my inner monolgue.

G. The biggest excitement in my life right now is the news that the Tide 2x concentrated liquid should be hitting store shelves this month in my area. I am so unbelievably lazy that I switched to ALL last year because it comes in small lightweight easy to pick up and pour bottles. I am not very strong but I am pretty cheap so I always used to buy the largest bottle of tide on the shelf. I got so tired of hefting that enormous vat of detergent and life was so hard last year (thanks to living in the Pits of NJ) that I eliminated super sized laundry bottles from my life. Some people would have chosen to cut stress by putting their kids in school or streamlining their homes or delegating chores. I am too lazy to do any of that. So I just started buying small bottles of laundry soap. Tide works better and I like the smell of the one with the laundry line picture. clean breeze? Can't wait.




5. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post. This is somewhat problematic. I only read the best blogs. high profile ones. They probably do not have time for this sort of thing. :( Plus then they might read mine and won't that be embarassing? (for me)


6. Include links to their blogs. sigh


7. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. waaaaah



Alrighty.

so first I will tag Going Jesus http://www.goingjesus.com/ even tho she hardly ever has time to blog now because the cuteness is paralyzing over there.

how about Mental Tessarae? http://mentaltesserae.blogspot.com/ her blog shuts my browser down a lot. Which is unfortunate because its good. I shouldnt probably blame her blog but I am too stupid to know what really shuts the browser. Probably MSN hates me.

this is my favorite blog http://www.notesfromthetrenches.com/



That is 3. I was supposed to post 7, right? I am an underachiever. A quitter. First I dropped out of college, now I can't even follow the blog world rules. Sad.

3 comments:

Julie Q. said...

Sarah,
See? Memes are useful things sometimes; yours sent me over here to meet you and now I even know all kinds of weird stuff about you (the olive/cream cheese one still has me laughing). I'm sorry that my blog crashes your browser. I am clueless when it comes to these things. Maybe I have too much art clogging up the bandwidth. Who knows. I use firefox and never have problems.

I'll try to get to the meme this week. I'm currently knee-deep in puke and stinky laundry since Nora is sick today :(

Jen said...

I think you are one of the funniest people I've ever met!

I LOVE the onion skin gymnastics thing. That is so awesome.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Fern sent me over here because she said you were really funny. I owe Fern a cocktail now.