Sunday, July 06, 2008

Me and Two

My oldest child and his father are off at Webelo Adventure Camp for 4 days and 3 nights of buggy fun! Its nice that the man takes time off to do these things with his boys. later this summer he is doing a week of day camp with the younger cub. Brenna gets the benefit of an experienced Dad and that is worth its weight in gold, if she doesnt get a full week of one on one as of yet.

In celebration of their absence (does that sound bad? oh dear. but that IS what I mean!) the two kids I have here and I are enjoying tailored to them fun.

So tomorrow we are doing some mini golf for Cal. And on Wednesday we are doing some pottery painting or mosaic making for Brenna. Both will be fun for me.

Got some bad news about a friend of the family today. The 50 lb tumour recently removed from her body was cancerous and had metastisized. Her outlook is grim and her will to fight is very weak. Please send up prayers for Cathy as she begins treatment for bone cancer.

1 comment:

jennyonthespot said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend... I hope that perhaps there will be something miraculous and she will recover fully...

I just came by because of a comment you left at Candle at Both Ends... Your comment Cracked. Me. Up. Just wanted to tell ya, because I love it when I'm sitting all quietly on my couch with my laptop and I read something that causes me to laugh out loud so big that it wakes up my kids :) I have 3 also :) If my kids have to wake up, I like that it's because I am laughing :)