Thursday, March 20, 2008

There is life out there!

I just met the people who live in the house behind us.

I had no idea they had 3 kids back there! And the house next to them? 2 little girls the same age as my Brenna!

Why have I never seen these kids before?

I guess they don't play outside very much.

There is water back there because ourneighborhood is on a resevoir. The houses behind us have no fences. Its probably not a good idea to let your kids play outside alone when you live on a canal.

But we have had some beautiful days and I had literally no idea there were kids within miles of us! How sad for those kids.

Glad we have a fence.

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I hate the way kids aren't able (or don't bother) to play outside anymore. Often, my kids are the only ones out there.

Unknown said...

you know i feel so blessed to live on my street. there are 20 children in 8 houses. the furthest house from me is four down. on a crescent. of those 20 there are 16 children under the age of 12. we have new neighbours and i have caught glimpses of what i think are two little girls living there but i'm not certain as they have yet to venture out into the throng.

somehow we have a street of kids who LOVE to play outside. the sound of them laughing and playing together is magical. street hockey, soccer, king's corner, hopscotch, bikes, scooters, basketball, barbie picnics, makeovers...you name it these kids are doing it.

i hope your newly discovered neighbours are normal and pleasant!! you could always come and live on my street though!! ;-)