Monday, February 18, 2008

Welcome to my Award Winning Blog


Good old Fern has bestowed upon me an actual award. I can't believe it! Fern is so VERY kind to me. Here's the 411 on this lovely award:
If you are awarded the flower smeller badge, pop the flower smeller badge up at your blog and award it to 5 others by writing a post with links to the 5 blogs or websites that you choose.2. You can award this badge to a maximum of 5 people per month from now until eternity as and when you come across more flower smellers.3. Link to this post so that people can find the origin of where the award started and find their way to this community.4. Proudly display the Flower Smeller award with a link to the post that you wrote announcing your award.5. All flower smellers - be prepared to be approached to write a 500 word account of yourself to feature in our 2009 book - The Flower Smellers - that some of our founders will be featured in. As more badges are awarded we’ll start a blogroll of "Flower Smellers."
It is an illustrious award, I am sure. I hope they dont actually want me to write 500 words about anything anytime soon tho. Unless its 500 words about how tired I am of winter.
Now I get to pass on the award goodness and I have just the person for the first award:
Kate at Our Quiverfull is a real flowersmeller. For sure. What a busy woman she is, with a sick child, a newborn, a housefull of older kids with some dietary considerations, a husband who works hard at TWO jobs and a homebased business which is a true blessing to homeschooling families. Check out their great fun project kits at their business site Hands and Hearts. This blog of hers really tugs my heart strings. This blog is often heartbreaking but its also always uplifting. If Kate were catholic we'd say she has perfected the art of offering it up and praising God for the good in her life. I admire her attitude.
The next award should go to heels over at Mundane superhero She has totally slacked off on the blogging but that is ok. She is just too busy smelling the flowers. Or teaching the students. She made a huge change in her life this past fall and it seems to have agreed with her.
I will have to search up some more blogs to bestow this award on. I love The Pioneer Woman, Testosterhome and Danielle Bean but I am not sure how interested those three would be in receiving an award from some blogging novice. All three are funny, thoughtful and inspiring in their own special way. I love their wonderful senses of humour and their real posts about their children and lives. Danielle is offering some thoughtful Lenten posts just now as well. The Pioneer Woman is offerring some fattening but delicious recipes over at her food blog. And Testosterhome is offering ovary twitch inspiring pictures of her latest baby. I am not sure which of those lovely internet gifties I appreciate more. But I think probably, being me, the food is winning.
To do list: repent for sin of gluttony


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

CONGRATS from all the GO! Smell the flowers gang. You've been added to our blogroll of honour - the flower smellers and could be in the top 100 to feature in our 2009 book - The Flower Smellers!

You are indeed a worthy recipient of the award, new blogger or old - you've earned it and the 5 you've chosen will be pleased to receive it from you so feel free to wear your flower smeller badge with pride at me-and-three.

It's great to have you on board and feel free to drop by, post comments and smell the flowers from time to time - be wary of the thorns though!

Enjoy...

GO! Smell the flowers