Sunday, February 24, 2008

oh noooo, its Sunday

I have a love hate relationship with the weekend. Its like, the only time I ever can get away from the kids ever. At night its cold and dark and I cant get off the couch after dinner. So I rarely run errands then.

But the weekend comes and we have to date the damned kids. To make them feel special and all that crap.

Shouldnt they just be grateful I fed them 40 times a day all week long and none of them were locked in the closet like they deserved?

So on Saturdays I take Al to the library. He heads down to the kid section alone and learns to negotiate public places and feel comfortable outside of the house. (these are things I worry about as a homeschooler, see?) He looks things up on the computer, proving he is as tech savvy as the malkins at the public schools. He bought a coke in the teen zone yesterday. Proving he is as sneaky as he should be at 10.

Asshole library. Who the hell put coke machines in the library? Seriously? RIGHT NEXT TO the books. No wonder kids are fat. We cant even drop by the library without getting a coke now.

Anyway.

Sunday is like the day when i start to panic because it is the last day I can go out without the kids for a whole week and shouldnt I go someplace far away and get the items that its too hard to get with the kids? Like I want to go get fabric and make curtains!

No I dont want to make curtains. That is crazy.

I do want to go to Penzey's and get some exotic spices!

Except suddenly cooking holds no charm for me whatsoever. Probably due to 3 small kids who complain about everything I cook.

I'd LOVE to go to Trader Joes and buy food already made to put in my freezer.

NOW we're talking!

I want to fill my Sunday up with quiet and store up all that good silence for the rowdy and painful week ahead.

3 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Exactly - every homeschooling mother needs that downtime over the weekend, in order to face the entire week with the kids. You need to schedule it in, or it won't happen. And then you get really crabby (at least, I do). I plan at least one special outing sans kids per weekend - maybe an hour at the bookstore, or some time at the fabric store - it's essential.

And in a couple of years, you'll have a built-in babysitter! Yea!

Jen said...

I love the last line.

You are a go-getter, dating the kids and all.

Anonymous said...

I am just snooping now and I am laughing and ingoring my kids, gotta go, but I love this stuff:)

dating your kids, locking them up, my kind of mom
-tina