Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Homeschool Co-op- socialization is SO important

Yeah, we are dropping out. I have been one time in this 6 week session. Last week was Ash Wednesday Mass, this week Brenna has a horrid cold, one week we blew it off, another we had a dentist appointment.

Also, only a homeschooler slacker like me would have trouble getting someplace by 10 am.

Our co-op is secular. I hate to say it but occassionally I miss the overtly christian aspect of the co-op we joined in NJ. There is something freeing about being able to say to someone "Pray for us that we find a new house." or "Pray that I dont dismember my kids this week." (we are doing fractions and that would be a great visual...) Of course there was also the negative aspect of being a Catholic in a fundy homeschool group. But we wont dwell on that.

Anyway I guess we are in a season of hibernation right now, with the cold weather. I just do not feel like going out. I find I can make meals with what we have in the fridge and the pantry and skip the store some weeks. I mean, sure, the meals suck and the color green isnt always visible on our plates (frozen pea pods did appear at lunch time yesterday) but I didnt have to freeze my butt off trotting groceries back and forth from store to car and car to house. And that is what matters most.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Catholic homeschooler! Hi! You might like my essay which is up on the Home Education Magazine website right now:

http://homeedmag.com/HEM/251/winterdoldrums.html

Thanks for stopping by my blog...nice to meet you.