Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fear Factor

I hate birthday parties but I dont mind hosting gatherings at my home otherwise. I mostly hate the idea of entertaining children I guess. I dont like to entertain my own, let alone other people's.

At the end of March we are entertaining. Its a motley crew of people, including family, friends who are travelling from far away and possibly a sibling. No big deal really, but I am nervous and worried about it for a couple reasons. One reason is my husband will be spending the week before in Seattle at a conference. Have I mentioned my jealousy of his travels for work?

For some reason I am intimidated. I guess if I had solid plans I'd feel better.

But there are a lot of people involved and its hard to please all the people and I feel the pressure there to make sure it all goes well.

I hate feeling the pressure.

No comments: