Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Getting some static

When I was little- maybe 3 or 4 years old- I remember running down the stairs in a panic and sobbing to my mom and dad that my bed was on fire.

It was static electricity making sparks as I moved under the covers. Ever since then I have had a minor fascination with static and I do enjoy the light show, too.

Last night Bee was wearing her polyester American Girl Bitty Baby nightie (which is really really nice for polyester) and we had some splendid static in bed with the flannel sheets. I pointed it out. I was really pretty excited to do so. I figured at 3 she was just the right age to be as enthralled as I was as a child.

"Hmmm," she said disapprovingly, "Maybe you can wash it out."

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love that you were trying to be all teachy-sharey and she was like, "Yeah, well, that's because you suck at laundry."

I hate when they bust my balls when I'm trying to be nice to them.

Sarah said...

yeah, another wonderful Hallmark moment ruined by the reality of my children.